Thursday, April 6, 2017

My good-bye party

You can't go off to spend 6-8 weeks at an asthma hospital without a send-off party. And that's exactly what my family threw for me on the evening of Saturday, January 6, 1985.

Nearly every member of my family, including all my friends and the friends of my parents, showed up at our house for my good-bye party. My cousin Scott and his band played music in our living room. My Uncle Torrin mocked Willie Nelson in a version of "On the Road Again" by plugging his nose while singing. I knew there was going to be a good-bye party, but I had no idea it was going to be this BIG!

At the time, I really didn't understand why they were throwing me such a large party. I was only going to be going away for 6-8 weeks. Surely this seemed like a long time to me, but it wasn't going to be forever.

Yet, in retrospect, I know now that my parents, doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists taking care of me during all these years were worried that asthma was going to kill me. I did not think of asthma that way. To me it was like an annoying cold that wouldn't go away. Like any person with a chronic disease, one you are born with, I just learned to deal with it.

The party really didn't stop when the party ended. Almost as soon as i was admitted to the hospital the letters started to coming, and they came from nearly every person at the good-bye party. I think, over the first six weeks, I received over a hundred letters. Probably half of them were from my grandma Bottrell, my Aunt Dolly, and my aunt's Virgie, Mary and Tossi. Oh, I should also add into this letters from my parents and brothers.

It was great back then because it was nice to receive a letter or package every day. It was also nice now as I'm trying to tell my story, because these letters helps me remember what I was doing back then, and what was happening outside the hospital too. It was nice. I don't know if I ever did enough to thank all who wrote me letters.

Anyway, the day after the party I boarded a United Airlines flight to Denver with mom. I don't know if I can ever truly tell this story. I have tried to sit down and write it down, starting with when I was there. I will make a gallant effort here, albeit 30 years after these events occurred.

Still, I have learned that, as you start thinking of things, the memories do seem to roll back into your mind. Some events, or most of them, were almost blacked out. This includes the horrible moments (and there were a few), but it also included some very good memories.

3 comments:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of HPV as soon as i feel the symptoms of HPV is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr Onokun for natural treatment, it works wonders and amazingly. Ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these virus anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this disease. Any HPV or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr Onokun to get ride of any disease forever his You can contact him on his Email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or you can reach out to me for more info about this treatment. text/call me i live in the USA (208) 425 7799

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/) Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name his Steve Maries and I am from United State.I am so happy today, and i also appreciate the genuine work done by one love spell caster DR ONOBUN GABRIEL(WATER). And to give me the right direction to get back my Ex, so today I got my wish fulfilled under the guidance of my love Spell caster Dr ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER). ❤️ love is an important part of relationship. I can understand this, when my boyfriend had cheated on me and dump me, by engaging another girl’s with affairs at that time, I was Broken and realized the importance of love when my boyfriend, dump me in my life in relationship with him of love. My boyfriend did not give me the importance's of true love, and he always embarrassed me in front of his friends and family's, and I love my boyfriend so much. Then I search on the Internet to fine a spell caster that can
    bring back Ex, fine on me “one day" I find a real spell caster Called DR ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER) So I got the contact number +2349132393661 and his Email onobunwinhome@gmail.com of this spell caster DR ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER)” then I drop a message on his email that I want my Ex boyfriend back, because I so much love my boyfriend and also on his WhatsApp Number too, and I explain all my problems that is happening with me. So then Dr ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER) show me his previous work done by himself and how he had help so many people to get there Ex back and also help so many pretty once to get cured in there diesass and sinkness and to guide me on how the work will be done. Then i start work to get my boyfriend back in a positive way that Dr ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER) have interested me to do to get my boyfriend back, to start giving me respect and also never to leave me again for another girl. Then and now, I am 😀 so happy and thankful to Dr ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER). So Dr ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER)
    prepared a magic spell and cast a spell on my boyfriend to get him back to me, immediately, it work, my boyfriend
    was back within 24hrs time and now my Ex boyfriend his back to me now begging me in positive and nagative side effects, and to have him back again,
    and my boyfriend promise now that he will never, to leave me again for another girl. Me and my boyfriend is 🍷 wine forever more. I am so happy now that my Ex boyfriend is back by DR ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER) spell. Dr said I should share is testimony on interview and internet once my boyfriend is back to me, and that is why I am sharing his good testimony in the internet and interview to have others to come for help in contact. So if you have a broke up with your Ex, contact Dr ONOBUN GABRIEL (WATER) on his email onobunwinhome@gmail.com and explain, Or call his phone Number or Whatsapp +2349132393661 for help.



    ReplyDelete